A Look Inside Animal Health
Welcome to Animal Health Academy - Est. 2009
The Animal Health Academy is located at Olathe North High School.
Conservation. Veterinary Medicine. Research.
Who We Are:
Discover the opportunities available in one of the region’s fastest growing industries through a unique partnership with industry business and higher education partners like The Kansas City Zoo, Mahaffie Farmstead, Shor-Line, Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks & Tourism, and K-State Olathe. Students in this four-year program:
- Prepare for college through rigorous animal health coursework.
- Learn about animal anatomy, physiology, and taxonomy.
- Learn about conservation and management of wild animal species.
- Learn about the use of animals in agriculture and industry.
- Gain hands-on experience with animals through field trips and summer camps.
- Network with animal health professionals throughout the state and region.
What We Do:
- Participate in hands-on research in the lab and through optional summer field experiences
- Partner with educational and industry leaders in the fields of research and animal science
- Engage in rigorous coursework only offered to Animal Health Academy students, including Animal Health Investigations, Environmental Conservation, Microbiology, Animal Science, Wildlife Biology, and Zoology
- Contact information: email AnimalHealth@olatheschools.org or call 913-780-7140