Welcome to BioMedical Engineering Academy
The BioMedical Engineering Academy is located at Olathe South High School.
Engineering Solutions for Health Care Needs
Who We Are
At the intersection of the medical and engineering fields, BioMedical Engineering is for students who want to learn how to design and create products to help people across the range of global health challenges. BioMedical Engineers are the people behind nearly every tool and implantable device used in medicine.
- Four years of specialized hands-on courses using latest technology to preparing entry into a variety of engineering or medical related careers
- Collaborative teams learn in-depth human anatomy as well as engineering-design to take on real life challenges in health care, including global health issues
- Engage across several engineering disciplines with medical interventions and devices
What We Do
- Collaborative approach to learning in all BioMedical Engineering courses
- Interact with industry professionals who are inventing, developing, and bringing to market a wide range of medical techniques and devices.
- Opportunities to collaborate with medical professionals engineering research students and professors
- Opportunities to compete in local, regional, national competitions and design challenges
- Contact information: email BIOengineering@olatheschools.org or call 913-780-7160.