Diversity and Engagement Advisory Council
The purpose of the Diversity & Engagement Advisory Council (DEAC) is to advise, survey, and implement plan of action on topics of diversity, equity, and inclusion within the Olathe Public Schools. Its primary objective is to ensure the fidelity of all diversity initiatives throughout the district.
The DEAC will:
- Support the Department of Diversity and Engagement in creating an equitable environment throughout the district.
- Discuss concerns and opportunities for improvement in programming and practices around diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Make recommendations to district administration.
- Be champions of diversity, equity, and inclusion for the district and the Olathe community.
- Serve a minimum two-year term, by appointment.
- Participate in monthly meetings. If unable to attend, notify council co-chair.
- Participate in sub-committees and review data to make recommendations.
- Participate in ad hoc committees as appointed.
- Serve as a liaison for the community and the district on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Thirty-two total members make up the council based on the following composition:
- 3 Administrators (elementary, middle and high school)
- 3 Certified / licensed educators (elementary, middle and high school)
- 3 Parents (elementary, middle and high school)
- 5 High school student representatives
- 3 Classified staff members
- 7 Local community organization / business representatives
- 2 Human Resources representatives
- 2 ONEA representatives
- 3 At-large members
- 1 Board of Education member
For more information email email@example.com
DEAC Meeting Dates
The council will meet:
- September-December 2020
- January-May 2021